You got the internship. Woo Hoo! Here are some things you can do to increase your odds of success.
- Be enthusiastic about everything.
- Be pleasant and helpful to everyone.
- Learn as much as you can.
- Remember that each task is an opportunity to impress.
- Appreciate your place in the “food chain” (bottom).
- Realize that the internship is not an open invitation to pitch your screenplay/video idea.
- Do not offer unsolicited opinions about how to plan, shoot, write, direct, or produce anything.
- There is a fine line between ambition and arrogance.
- Don’t over dress. (Those Farragamo’s are gonna hurt after you are on your feet all day). Dress to match the culture.
- Remember how you felt when you got the news that you were accepted into the internship program?
Stay that way.