- Look for new opportunities. “If you don’t look out a window, you won’t see it.”
- Success creates it’s own euphoria.
- Don’t retire on the job – anticipate crisis.
- Create balance between the big picture and the details.
- Your success depends upon the quality of the people around you.
- There is no such thing as leadership traits.
- In general, leadership skills can’t be taught, but they can be learned.
- Listening is not a skill. It’s a discipline. All you have to do is keep your mouth shut.
- Effective leaders aren’t threatened by other’s strength.
- Leaders are neither born nor made. They are self-made.
* Rules from Peter Drucker’s book, Managing The Non-profit Organization.